Friday, August 22, 2008

Thoughts on cell phone (and iPhone) batteries

I was at an off site meeting most of this week and one very odd thing happened (well, several odd things happened, but I'll only write about this one ;-)

My AT&T Razor's battery would last less than 24 from the minute we arrived until we left (a little over 3 days). I have never had problems with this phone and batteries. What is odd is when I got home and fully charged it, it is now 11 hours later and I have a full charge.

One piece of information: I didn't have a signal at all in the buildings were we were staying. No edge or 3g. Is it possible that the reason so many people have bad battery life is that the phones are wasting a lot of power trying to find signals, or switching between edge and 3g?

If the phone is still fully charged in the morning that I know it has something to do with the lack of a network, since I get a strong 3g signal in the house.

No comments: